top of page

Disney Trip Update

Hello All,

I had to make the hard decision to cancel the Disney trip. Director's Choice (the tour company) will let me know by the end of the day on how the refunds will be made. Everyone who has made payments will get a 100% refund of your money.

Here are my reasons:

1. Mariachi didn't have enough students traveling so they pulled their students out early.

2. There were not enough Middle School Orchestra students signed up to even form a complete performing ensemble.

3. Of the High School Orchestra students who remained, the balance was not right to form a solid performing ensemble who could compete at the highest level. Also, the price of the trip would have more than likely gone up for the remaining students.

I'm going a different direction with our trip next year. We have submitted for both the High School and Middle School Chamber Orchestras to be considered for The National Orchestra Festival. Both ensembles submitted very strong recordings. We will know whether we have been invited or not by the end of May. Once we I know this information, I plan to restructure the trip to mostly focus on The National Orchestra Festival Competition. Details to follow on that.

Please email me if you have any questions.

99 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Parents: First of all, I want to say that it is an honor and a privilege to work with your children. Now...they drive me crazy and have caused a lot of the gray hairs on my head with their last minute

Parents: Attached, you will find the most up-to-date itinerary for the HS Chamber Orchestra’s trip to compete at the National Orchestra Festival in Orlando, Florida. I’m so excited about the opportun

bottom of page